The Community Partners Internship places Federal work study eligible DePaul students at partner organizations throughout the Chicago area. The program aims to provide students with first-hand experience and application in the nonprofit sector. In addition it strengthens partnerships with community based organizations that have a consistent record of successfully partnering with the Steans Center. Internships are year-long, with positions ranging from an administrative role, adult literacy (ESL), youth development, or marketing/public relations within a community organization.
The following are Paid yearlong internship opportunities Currently AVAILABLE through the CPI program:
- Erie Neighborhood House
- Project Vida
- Centro Romero
- Chicago Commons
- Dime Child
- Telpochcali Community Education Project
- Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression
- La Casa Norte
- Northwest Side Housing Center
- Mil Mujeres
- Work 15 hours a week
- Be federal work study eligible
- Attend paid monthly professional development/reflection sessions
- Be willing to travel (positions located off campus)
- Enroll in CSS 201: Critical Community Engagement for one quarter fulfills Junior Year Experiential Learning (JYEL).
- The qualifications/requirements outlined in the respective job descriptions for the organization.
TO APPLY to the CPI program Please visit the Student Job Board and find the position titles Community Partners Internship (CPI) Intern: Student Employment
For more information please contact CPI Program Assistant Robin Peterson at RPETER33@depaul.edu